We are seeking a Business and Culinary Development Executive Chef to lead innovation and expertise in the culinary team.
Based at London Heathrow in our centre of Culinary Excellence you will drive the agenda for exceeding our customer’s expectations, introducing new techniques and concepts to make us the culinary market leader and partner of choice.
Competitive Salary, Company Car, Stakeholder Pension scheme, Reduced Rate BUPA and other benefits.
What the role is:
Preferably you will come from a background of fine dining with a strong craft ethic and experience of working in a Michelin starred kitchen, you will bring a truly innovative approach to this role and the world of In-flight Culinary excellence.
You will be responsible for the culinary element within new business tenders, ensuring that the requisite level of knowledge is attained to deliver a culinary offering that exceeds a prospective customer’s expectations throughout the tender process.
This is a customer facing role with a real focus on relationship development and a culinary offering that can drive business growth and influence culinary direction, researching client’s style and approach to ensure we are in a position of strength at tender.
You will also need experience of manufacturing processes to ensure that all culinary creations are deliverable within the wider operation.
What you’ll be doing will include:
- To build effective relationships with the sales and commercial teams to plan for business tenders well in advance.
- To develop knowledge and relationships with target future clients getting to know their culinary teams, understanding the clients style, taste, approach and budget to deliver the right match at the point of tender presentation.
- To fully understand the target clients expectations, operation, structure and key stakeholders to ensure supplier of choice at tender stage.
- To develop influential relationships with key stakeholders internally and with target clients to ensure leverage at the point of tender
- Identify new culinary techniques, concepts, styles and trends that can be applied in future dishes.
- Create and develop dishes for clients which are both authentic to their style and visually appealing
- Ensure costing’s and other financial issues are correct, ensuring recipes are both cost and time effective
- Attend research trips to target clients as required, to ensure we stay ahead of the UK competition
- Attend trade shows, competitor analysis and industry events to gain insight
- Work with the Culinary team across our business to ensure that food standards are maintained at a consistently high standard
- Coach and develop chefs to ensure they are able to perform to the required capability level
- Develop the teams on new culinary techniques to ensure consistency of application and final presentation to the client, constantly seeking to enhance culinary standards.
- Working with Catering colleges to develop a network of trainees with a focus on skills development within the current team and opportunities to develop new talent.
What you’ll have will include:
- Previous experience in a senior culinary role
- Excellent craft background and skills
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable understanding of budgets
- Experience of manufacturing processes and culinary development
- Evidence of customer relationship building, client management and influencing
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Proven ability communicating at different levels
- Experience working in a standards/ compliance environment
- Relevant qualifications and training
- Experience of managing a team
- Strong focus on process, product and team development
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply through our CV Submission Form on the Join Us page, with a covering letter and a copy of your most recent CV.